JDK Mission Control Tutorial
This tutorial provides plenty of examples and material to help you learn JDK Mission Control (7+).
Since it is not practical to pre-package everything required to run the material here at GitHub, there are some preparations required before starting the Tutorial.
Setting up the JDK
You will need to have a JDK 11 or later to do this tutorial. You can either use the Oracle JDK or any OpenJDK build, for example the one provided by Oracle.
You will need to ensure that
java for your JDK is on your path, and you should also make sure that your JAVA_HOME variable is set to the parent folder of the
bin folder containing your
Getting the stand alone version of JMC
The open source version of JMC has not been released yet, but early access builds can be downloaded from here: http://jdk.java.net/jmc
Here are some additional videos and articles of mine (Cameron McKenzie) about Java Mission Control and Java Flight Recorder:
- Quick Introduction to Java Mission Control
- Java Mission Control 8 Eclipse plugin Install
- Fix Java memory leaks without costly JVM heap dumps
- The performance cost of autoboxing Java primitive types
- How to start Java's JVM Flight Recorder 3 easy ways
- Performance Problems with Synchronized Methods